Jody LeCornu was a 23-year-old college student when she was murdered in Baltimore. Her killer shot her—execution-style—using a .38 caliber handgun. The bullet tore through her back and into her spine in the early morning hours of March 2, 1996. Her killer watched  and waited as she died defenseless and alone. He is still out there. For over two decades this person—who took the life of a beautiful, kind young woman—has gotten away with murder. Someone, somewhere knows something.   

Jody had been working toward a degree in geriatrics at Towson University and had just gotten a job she loved at the Eastern Savings Bank . It seemed, perhaps for the first time in a while, that Jody's path in life was clear and she was more settled. Though she still battled—on and off—with her alcohol addiction and continued to suffer from her life-long anxiety, she was happy with the direction  her life was taking.

The Days Leading Up To Jody's Murder

Jody had gotten into an argument with her boyfriend on the night of February 29th. The following morning, before they each left for work, her boyfriend asked her not to return home that night. He had assumed Jody would go to stay with her parents in Annapolis—instead she went after work to a familiar hangout, the Mt. Washington Tavern.  It was there that she spent her final hours until closing. A chain of events was set in motion that would lead Jody to a dark and deserted parking lot. She then made choices that were so inexplicably uncharacteristic of  her. Jody's anxieties and fears were many and they resulted in a long list of things she would never do—like being out driving alone at night or in the snow. 

Timeline of Jody's Last Hours

  • Jody worked her normal shift at Eastern Savings Bank in Hunt Valley where she was employed as a receptionist. 
  • Jody enjoyed the evening with friends at Mt. Washington Tavern—a bar she frequented. 
  • After last call, the manager of Mt. Washington Tavern asked Jody to drive an employee of the tavern home. 
  • At about 2:00 a.m. Jody drove the bar employee home to the Roland Park area.
  • Acquiescing to her boyfriend's request not to return home—Jody drove to an ATM to withdraw money and then stopped to buy beer.
  • Around 3:00 a.m. she parked in the Caldor (now known as the Drumcastle Government Center) parking lot in the Towson area at 6401 York Road which was around the corner from her home and three miles from the Mt. Washington Tavern. 
  • As she sat in her car, parked in the dark, snowy lot, she made a couple of phone calls—including one to the Mt. Washington Tavern to speak to the manager who said he was too busy to talk. She then called and spoke with the boyfriend of a woman who had been a roommate of Jody’s. The content of her conversation is not known.
  • While sitting there, a white BMW pulled close to Jody’s white Honda Civic
  • The man got out of his car and approached Jody.
  • She rolled down her window. It is not known whether Jody knew the man. 
  • After a brief exchange, he returned to his vehicle.
  • At 3:40 a.m. the killer fired a .38 caliber handgun through the back, left passenger window of Jody’s car. 
  • The bullet tore through Jody’s back and severed her spine.
  • Eyewitnesses working at the Giant supermarket across York Road and another person making a delivery to the Boston Market heard the gunshot.
  • They looked out into the dark, snowy night to see Jody driving across York Road and into the Giant parking lot before her car circled and coasted to a stop after hitting a curb between the Boston Market and the Firestone Tire and Service Center.
  • The eyewitnesses noticed Jody was closely followed across York Road by her murderer. 
  • He stayed back in the shadows waiting for Jody to die alone in her car. 
  • The murderer then approached Jody’s car, reached in and put it in park.
  • In an unhurried fashion—he reached across her body and took her purse and her mobile car phone.
  • The killer then pulled out of the lot and turned south on York Road then east onto Walker Avenue
  • At 3:41 a.m. the eyewitnesses called the police who arrived on the scene moments later—but it was too late...Jody had already died.


Description of the Killer

The killer was described, by multiple eyewitnesses, as a black male, in his mid-20’s to early 30’s with a stocky build—between 5’10” - 6’1” tall weighing between 200-220 pounds. He was wearing an army green, fatigue-style jacket.


Someone, somewhere knows something.

There is no tip or piece of information too insignificant. Perhaps the seemingly small piece of information you have will help make a long-awaited break in this case. Perhaps it will be the piece that solves the puzzle. 

Please consider submitting a tip. You may do so anonymosly. 

There is a reward of $100,000 for a tip that leads to an arrest and conviction in this case.

The tip line is:  (410) 200-6284